IoT Digital Innovation Hub (Partner of DIGIS3) is an initiative whose task is to help companies, especially SMEs, become more competitive by using Internet of Things technologies in their business processes. It is a pioneer in the development of projects with the most advanced technologies, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence or Blockchain.
We have embarked on the idea of promoting projects that have a positive, direct impact on society and the environment. We created the Digital Innovation Hub by drawing on our vast experience and the help of our partners; we are ready to take on all kinds of challenges.
The members of the IoT Digital Innovation Hub (Partner of DIGIS3) have extensive knowledge of all technologies in terms of both theory and practice. That is why it is included in the catalog of the European Commission’s Smart Specialization Platform.
How can the IoT Digital Innovation Hub benefit you?
Companies that decide to participate in our hub will have access to numerous facilities, among others:
- Technical advice and mentoring for SMEs striving to adopt IoT in their processes and services, which has an Industry 4.0 working group.
- Access to funding opportunities for innovative projects, encouraging R&D consortia to apply for public or private funding, participating in projects and organizing funding events.
- Promotion of IoT technologies by organizing events to share ideas, acquire knowledge, establish contacts and learn about success stories.
- Entrepreneurial technology ecosystem through startups and a forum, providing them with the right connections so they can share experiences and develop synergies.
- Access to research labs and high-performance equipment, including an IoT lab, a showroom, 3D printers.
- Development of innovation projects to help companies digitize their processes. Currently involved in more than 20 projects in collaboration with other companies.
- IoT technology diagnosis to assist in the development of new products and services or to adopt technologies in their internal processes.
- Specialized training programs, ranging from courses to master’s degrees, aimed at increasing the digital competencies of SMEs.
Project success stories
These are some of the many successful projects we have developed:
SOSTVAN: project based on extensive beef production and achieving integral traceability of its productive and ecosystemic values through the digitalization of the livestock and meat industry. It focuses on animal feed, farm management, differentiated non-organic quality, management of forest masses and increased added value.
SMART FARM: a project developed by the BISITE research group in collaboration with the Hermi Group, which consists of the installation of a 4.0 farm model through the use of electronic devices with which to visualize the filling level of the feed silos, or the weight level of the animal breeding cages.
PLATINUM: its objective is to improve industrial productivity by developing a support tool that gathers expert information on optimization, maintenance and safety problems, improving decision-making and providing updated and evolving solutions.
INTELWINE: focuses on the research of new techniques for precision viticulture and food safety. The solution uses hybrid algorithms that integrate both Artificial Intelligence and Deep Reinforcement Learning to create a “strategic” intelligent irrigation systems and a novel monitoring system that allows us to identify the level of sulfur in wines and follow its evolution.
We are aware that research implies creating something that goes beyond what we have today, beyond the current limits of technology. We put ourselves at your disposal and we are willing to develop interesting and challenging projects for everyone.