This keynote belongs to the Digital Transformation Module of C1b3rWall Academy 2021 and is delivered by Rafael Pérez Daniëls, Computer Engineer from UCM. He is currently the leader of the Quality Engineering Practice Automation team at ViewNext and has more than 20 years of experience in IT projects.
Rafael will speak about “The importance of continuous testing in digital transformation: Test Automation”. Testing is necessary to ensure software quality and thus achieve customer satisfaction and possible customer loyalty.
What is test automation?
It consists in simulating that there is a tester who is running the application to verify that it works correctly. A number of myths about test automation are shown in the following image:
Why automate tests?
Test automation consolidates and improves test effectiveness as long as you manage expectations, understand the tools and select a tool that is compatible with the applications to be automated. Automation:
- Minimizes manual testing errors.
- Makes it possible to run more tests.
- Allows to validate multiple platforms.
- It is useful for massive data generation.
- Reduces execution times.
- It has an investment vs. cost-oriented model.
- Provides support for DevOps models.
These are usually software tools that form a set of guidelines such as coding standards, test data handling, object repository handling, etc. that generate benefits, such as increased code reuse, portability and reduced maintenance cost when applied to script automation.
Automation basically uses three types of tools:
- Test management: they have a catalog of test cases and do the scheduling of executions.
- Test automation tools are the ones that actually execute the tests.
- Defect management tools are used to identify the defects received by the development team, so that they can make the corresponding corrections.
With no doubt, this is a very informative presentation that you can read in its entirety at the e4you Campus. To read the full article click here.