The Junta of Castile and Leon, the four public universities and the SECOT Association will set up the Office of Graduate Entrepreneurs.
The University of León, held the signing of the collaboration protocol on the 31st of May, this protocol will make it possible to set up the Office of Graduate Entrepreneurs in the public Universities of Castile and Leon. This protocol is part of the Strategies for Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Autonomy 2016-2020 designed by the Junta of Castile and Leon. Its purpose is to make our companies more competitive through a series of concrete measures. Autonomy, innovation, transfer and expertise have to be a priority for our economic growth, if we value our own resources. For this reason, the organizations and entities that participate in this initiative set out very clear objectives.
In the University of Salamanca, we initiated the Entrepreneurship Plan three years ago, with which, apart from working on the dissemination of entrepreneurial culture, on incubating and accelerating we have created and boosted entrepreneurial programs in cultural, social and technological fields.
- 59 business have been created (out of which, 19 during the present academic year, 4 in the socio-cultural area.
- The Club of Entrepreneurs has been started and it has more than 800 members.
- At present The Week of Social and Cultural Entrepreneurship is being organized in order to Foster entrepreneurship in this field, considering that our University has many degrees in this sector.
- Se han organizado más de 1000 actividades en las que han participado más de 5000 personas. More than 1000 activities have been organized and more than 5000 people took part.
- Great events have been organized, such as Startup Olé (3 editions), with around 2500 participants, making it one of the three largest events of this type, in Spain.
The signing of this action protocol has been chaired by the Work Counselor from the Junta of Castile and Leon, Carlos Fernández Carriedo, I was accompanied by deans from the universities of León, Juan Francisco García Marín, Burgos, Manuel Pérez Mateos, Valladolid, Daniel Miguel San José; also Roberto Escudero Barbero and José González Torrico, with their status as presidents of the Federation of Leon’s Entrepreneurs (FELE), Javier Cepedano Valdeón, the delegate of the Junta of León Guillermo García, and numerous representatives of unions, companies and all types of organizations and entities.