Debates about the participation of Universities in businesses launched by the University itself are both necessary and enriching.
I had the opportunity to attend an amazing meeting, engaging in a debate with my colleagues at the University of Almeria about strategies for Entrepreneurship and Startups and Technology-based companies. The work these colleagues are doing is extraordinary and falls perfectly in line with the character of this institution and the productive sector of Almeria. At the meeting, coordinated by Antonio Fernandez (Government Coordinator and Delegate for interaction between civil society and enterprises) and Antonio Posados (Vice-Rector of Research), we had very enriching debates on the participation of Universities in businesses launched by the university itself, OTRIS (Office for the Transfer of Research results among universities) impulse strategies, and mechanisms to assist entrepreneurs.
These and other debates which will take place shortly will be of great help in establishing strategies, revise existing strategies, and improve the transfer levels of our institutions.
In the photo, from left to right, are the event coordinators from the University of Almeria:
- Carlos Cano, Director of the Secretariat for projects and business initiatives
- Antonio Fernández, Government coordinator and Delegate for interaction between civil society and enterprises.
- José Antonio Torres, President of the PDI governing board.
- Luis Iribarne, Coordinator for Doctorate in Computer Sciences.
- Fernando José Diámetro, Director of OTRI.
- José Antonio Piedra, Coordinator for Masters in Computer Engineering for Technology Based Companies.